jhonnyp0lak proposes a concept of dashboard / loader for Xbox 360 using as an OXM disc.
Since it is possible to run unsigned code, jhonnyp0lak have modified certain aspects of a OXM disc for him to execute whatever he wanted. Beyond the creation of dummy files and icons for the menu, the main part of the edition of the disc is in the file menu.ini. This file can specify the menu structure and sub-menus such as roads where the executable.
For example, it is possible to extract an ISO image (with Xbox Image Browser) to a folder on the hard drive (eg; \ Games \ GTA) and edit the file to indicate menu.ini execution \ Games \ GTA \ default.xex to start the game the default.xex is also patched with xextool to remove the media id, State flags etc etc.. You can then add menu items and create categories for games / tools / emulators ... etc. ...
How it works:
- A console for the writ JTAG
- XBReboot v0.05 8955_1 installed on the internal NAND
- Xexloader burned onto a CDR which remains in the drive (this tool should be available soon)
- A hard drive formatted with the FAT32 xex 360menu (default.xex) to the root and the applications / games (other xex) in subfolders.
To start 360Menu:
- The console will automatically boot with XBreboot.
- CDR is in the drive with xexloader
- Press Launch the game and xexloader runs.
- Xexloader Once loaded, press A for xexloader launches default.xex being at the root of the USB hard drive connected to slot 1.
- 360menu is then launched from the interface and you can run any xex integrated into the file menu.ini.
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of all games consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSVita, WiiU, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS2,PS1, Snes, N64, Gameboy, Nes, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn,3DS, DSi, Switch, PS4, Pandora, xboxone, GP2X, iPhone, Windows Phone, iPad, Android and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles. We also cover Theme Park News and news and reviews of Beer, cider, lager, wines and spirits.
news of their own releases and get the credit and
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.